Maria Petrov is a Director with Secretariat specializing in project consulting services in program/project management, project controls, scheduling, contract and claim review, cost estimating, delay analysis, and damage analysis on construction projects worldwide. Ms. Petrov is a licensed civil engineer with over 25 years of experience in the engineering and construction industry specializing in construction and project management, performance audits, risk management and dispute resolutions. Ms. Petrov has been involved in various project management and consulting roles spanning a broad spectrum of experience from providing design and on-site supervision of multi-million dollar projects to analyzing delay and damages on multi-billion-dollar international construction projects.
Prior to joining Secretariat, Ms. Petrov was Managing Consultant and Vice President. She led and executed claims analysis and negotiations; evaluation of project management and Engineering Standard of Care; schedule delay analysis; damage quantifications; technical analysis for damage causations; and preparation of expert reports for transportation, buildings, power, and infrastructure projects.
Ms. Petrov is also an author and frequent speaker on a variety of construction related topics.
Who’s Who Legal recognizes Ms. Petrov as a “Global Leader: Construction Expert Witnesses – Future Leaders 2022”.
According to Who’s Who Legal:
“Maria ensures speed, accuracy and thoroughness of response”
“She is extremely well organised, and has the ability to analyse complex design and construction issues”
“Maria is diligent, thorough and produces work which is clear and easily understood”
- MS, Civil Engineering, Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- BS, Civil Engineering, Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Licensed Professional Engineer: California and Nevada
- AACE International Certified Forensic Claims Consultant (CFCC)
- NACA Certified Construction Auditor (CCA)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International (AACE International)
- National Association of Construction Auditors (NACA)
- Project Management Institute College of Scheduling (PMICOS)