Economic Damages / Valuations
Bringing Clarity to Complex Economic Issues
As the business risks and regulatory challenges that drive disputes grow and change, the ability for companies and their counsel to turn to the right experts is critical in presenting their case in a compelling manner. Developing the basis for and testing the reasonableness of any claimed economic harm are critical elements of a dispute and its potential resolution.
At Secretariat, our experts bring the in-depth knowledge and expertise in accounting, finance and economics necessary to present clear and concise economic evidence to arbitrators and judges in clearly worded, well-reasoned and supported expert reports. We develop sound and compelling analysis, test theories, evaluate strategies, quantify damages and form opinions — all with the independence and quality that stands up to the rigors of the largest, most complex matters.
Our experts have academic and professional credentials including: CPA, CA, CFA, CFE, CBV, MBA, FCA, etc.
Secretariat’s experts have:
- Decades of experience providing value-added advice through all phases of arbitration and litigation, from initial case assessment through to post hearing/trial submissions;
- In-depth experience analyzing, quantifying, and presenting economic damages and conducting complex valuations in a wide variety of industries and forums;
- Testified at most major international arbitration forums and various courts around the world; been called upon to assist in mediations and settlement negotiations in order to provide an independent and comprehensive review of the economic claims associated with a dispute; and
- Testified and been relied upon in some of the largest and most complex cases in the world and are recognized for their expertise by the legal and business communities.
- Lost Profits Analysis and Quantification
- Valuation of Expropriated Business Interests
- Breach of Contract Analysis and Quantification
- Breach of Treaty Analysis and Quantificiation
- Bankruptcy and Solvency Analysis
- Post Purchase Merger & Acquisition Disputes
- Patent Infringement Damages
- Trade Secret Misappropriation Damages
- Class Action Certification Issues and Damages
- Securities and Class Action Litigation
- Tax-Related Disputes Expert Testimony
- Economic Analysis of Trade and Regulatory Measures