Alexandre Rivière is a Managing Director at Secretariat based in Paris. Mr. Rivière is a financial expert and acts in the context of international arbitration (commercial and investment cases) and domestic litigation cases. He specializes in contentious valuations and the quantification of complex economic and financial losses. He has been involved in a variety of disputes: contractual dispute, valuation dispute, expropriation, shareholders’ dispute, post- transaction dispute, construction dispute, unfair competition, and other contentious matters.
Mr. Rivière has been appointed as quantum expert on numerous arbitration and litigation cases. Mr. Rivière has testifying experience in international arbitration cases in both French and English.
Mr. Rivière has assisted clients in Europe, North America, the Middle East, and Africa, in a variety of industries, including: aeronautics, telecom, oil and gas, energy, mining, real estate, hotel and leisure, healthcare, media and advertising, luxury goods, consumer goods, food catering, and transportation.
Since 1998, Mr. Rivière has also assisted clients in a wide range of other contexts including transactions, financial and accounting investigations, performance improvement and business recovery. He has developed an expertise in economics and financial analysis, in the valuation of businesses, financial assets and shareholdings.
Who’s Who Legal recognizes Mr. Rivière as a Global Leader: Arbitration Expert Witness 2022
According to Who’s Who Legal:
“Alexandre Rivière comes highly recommended as a leading economist in the gamut of unfair competition-related matters, including complex valuations.”
- Master in Finance (DESS Assas Finance), Université Paris II Pantheon-Assas
- BA, Economics, Management and Accounting, Université Paris II Pantheon-Assas
- Member of the French Society of Valuation Experts (SFEV)
- Member of the Association des Professionnels du Contentieux Economique et Financier (APCEF)
- Member of the Association for Arbitration (AFA)
- GAR Who’s Who Legal Consulting Experts: Experts – Financial Advisory and Valuation – Quantum of Damages
- GAR Who’s Who Legal Arbitration: Expert Witnesses