Bachelor of Science, Accounting Georgetown University
Certified Public Accountant, License in Georgia
Certified in Financial Forensics
Chartered Global Management Accountant
Mr. Hutchins has been consulting with private and government clients and counsel on financial, accounting and economic issues for 25 years and he has testified numerous times. He has been retained as a damages consultant and expert witness to clients involved in business disputes and litigation matters on over 80 engagements. In connection with this work, he has performed numerous lost profits studies, damage calculations, asset valuations, risk-exposure and has prepared a significant number of expert reports.
Mr. Hutchins has also served as a forensic accountant on multiple occasions and has lead teams investigating allegations of financial fraud and financial reporting irregularities. Over his career, Mr. Hutchins’ work has spanned a variety of industries including agriculture, financial services, oil and gas, manufacturing, medical devices, pharmaceutical, residential construction, sports facilities, telecommunications and water infrastructure.
Mr. Hutchins graduated from Georgetown University. His professional certifications include: (1) Certified Public Accountant, (2) Certified in Financial Forensics, (3) Accredited in Business Valuation and (4) Chartered Global Management Accountant.
- Serving as the damages expert and consulting expert in multiple patent infringement disputes in the audio equipment, computer, housing, medical devices, and pharmaceutical industries.
- Serving as the damages expert and consulting expert in multiple trademark infringement matters in the medical devices, oil and gas, telecommunications and water infrastructure industries.
- Serving as the damages expert and consulting expert on multiple trade secret misappropriation engagements in the agriculture, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and manufacturing industries.
- Serving as the damages expert and consulting expert in numerous breach of contract disputes in the educational, entertainment, fast food, financial services, packaging, pharmaceutical and toy industries.
- Serving as the damages consulting expert in a $40 billion securities class action that alleged the bailout of a financial services firm by the U.S. government involved an unconstitutional taking of shareholders’ equity in violation of the fifth amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
- Assisting on an FDIC engagement involving the failure of a multibillion dollar (US$) bank and the resulting bankruptcy of its former holding company.
- Serving as the lead forensic accountant in an investigation into a multibillion dollar (US$) fraud perpetrated by the largest independent mortgage company in the country, which led to its failure and the seizure of a multibillion dollar (US$) commercial bank.
- Serving as the lead forensic accountant in multiple investigations in the financial services industry involving accounting for loan loss reserves, investment losses and allegations of earnings management.